1. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir until smooth; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well. Stir in melted chocolate. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with water. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handles.
2. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
*These are soft and moist on the inside. Definitely what you want to make for those chocolate lovers on your list.
When we eat chocolate:
- • 66% of chocolate is consumed between meals.
• 22% of all chocolate consumption takes place between 8pm and midnight.
• More chocolate is consumed in winter than any other season.